Body fat deposits
TREATMENT OPTIONS AND COMMON QUESTIONS TO DOCTOR
Fat dissolving injections?
BEST FOR: if excess of fat (over 3 cm), but limited to 2 small areas per treatment
COST: from $600
DOWNTIME: 2-4 days
Fat dissolving injection is considered to be a lunch time procedure, although swelling is the most common side effect.
It’s not for weight loss, but shaping of the body.
Swelling is worse later the treatment day, then improve in a couple of days usually. More swelling post injection – better will be effect and skin tightening.
The medication used is similar to naturally occurring in the body and has been in medicine for a long time.
Fat dissolving injections require few procedures – in clinical research it has been done from 4 to 6 injections to achieve significant results (Ref: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27340142 ), however, at VISTA Clinic Australia Melbourne we can see significant results after 1st injections, most commonly after 2 or 3.
BEST FOR: excess fat and shaping of the body (not for weight loss)
COST: from $2500
DOWNTIME: 1-2 weeks
Liposuction is a mechanical suction off the fat cells from excess fat deposits areas with contouring of body. Liposuction is a golden standard in treatment of excess fat in the local area, helping to sculpture desirable shape. Like any other surgical procedure, this is effective, but more recovery procedure.
BEST FOR: overweight with BMI 25 plus
COST: from $150 (counsult fee)
DOWNTIME: none, but advisable to start in not busy/stressful period of time
Modern obesogenic environment predispose us to weight gain, which is now over half Australians.
During the comprehensive 1st counsultation, doctor will determine your individual problems, may arrange tests and then create an individual plan for weight loss.
regular brightening peels, skin tightening, rosacea, ok during summer.
SKIN TYPE: all
- “Glow” was the most common feedback after 1st peel (please, note it can peel of old dry skin if not done regular - so, allow few days downtime 1st time)
- Natural peel derived from almonds - therefore not lasting long time, we supply 4 weeks supply at a time.
- Effect on skin tightening, collagen stimulation, brightening and antibacterial.
- If irritation, burn, concerns - stop and contact us.
Lactic Acid Peel
BEST FOR: aged skin, lack of moisture and excess old skin.
SKIN TYPE: dry, dull, rough and sun damage skin. Ideal for aging skin
Lactic (milk) acid is a natural pro-biotic, moisturiser and cleanser of dead skin.
Usually advised after "training" skin with mandelic acid as a next level up for aging, excessive, dull skin, not prone to rosacea or irritation.
Regular use prepares skin to better aging, more effecting in-clinic procedures, especially any skin quality treatments.
No or minimal downtime, visible reduces pores, wrinkles, helps skin health and cell turnover.
BEST FOR: the strongest peel for home use.
SKIN TYPE: well prepared skin, dull, sun damaged, pigmented.
- Combination of acids for multi-factorial addressing of different skin problems.
- Recommended to use after prepared skin and during the winter.
- Improves smoothness of the skin, pigmentation, scars, pores, inflammation.
- Provide a course supply ( 3-4 weeks every 2 weeks or as tolerated).
Recommended after aesthetician consultation to ensure safety and best plan.