TCA PEEL AFTERCARE ADVICE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARE DURING TCA FACIAL PEELS
at VISTA Clinic Australia
After your peel at VISTA Clinic Australia, it is important to look after your skin carefully while it’s healing up and growing new skin.
- How to use soap?
Use a mild soap to wash your face gently for 20 to 30 seconds twice a day. Lather the soap in your hands and gently pat the soap on your face, then splash lukewarm water unto your face to rinse off the soap. Dry your face gently patting it with a clean towel.
- Day 1-4
Apply Hydrogen Peroxide 3% diluted (mixed half with clean water) after washing your face two times a day. Apply it by gently dabbing it on your face with cotton balls or gauze. It will bubble and may turn white. If hydrogen peroxide is too irritating and stings, you may dilute it even more with clean water. (Hydrogen peroxide reduces the chances of getting an infection). Please, contact VISTA clinic Australia if any concerns.
- What skin care to use?
Apply prescribed at VISTA clinic Australia healing cream morning and night.
- What to do if skin is too irritated?
Apply Hydrocortisone Ointment as instructed at VISTA clinic Australia . Apply the ointment gently; don’t rub it in hard. You should use the ointment as often as necessary to keep your skin from getting dry and cracked. We’d rather you be too greasy than not greasy enough. Do not let your skin dry out, it will pull on the new tissue underneath and may cause red, irritated areas. You can apply your ointment ten times a day if you want, but if you need to do so, better to ask 1 of VISTA Clinic doctors!
This will reduce the tightness and will make you more comfortable. Don’t worry if all of the ointment doesn’t come off when you wash your face, it won’t harm you to leave some on your face. You may develop an occasional whitehead due to all the ointment on your skin. This is normal, do not be alarmed since they will resolve over time. Also, be aware that some mild itching and burning is normal at this time.
- Be sure and minimise facial expressions during your Dr Miller peel recovery. Excessive facial movements will cause it to crack prematurely. This is not a good time to see a funny movie, or see your dentist.
- DON’T PICK OR RUB YOUR SKIN AT ALL
- How to wash hair during Dr Miller/TCA peel recovery?
If you must wash your hair, wash it with your head tilted backward in the shower, or in the sink. Do not wet your face in the shower, too much water will cause you to peel prematurely and leave you with red, sore areas that my lead to scarring or need to be treated again. If large pieces of skin are hanging from your face, they may be cut off carefully with a pair of blunt-nosed scissors. Do not sit in a sauna or jacuzzi at this time, or do strenuous exercise. Sweating will make your face sting and it will cause you to peel too soon.
- What sun exposure is recommended?
DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR FACE TO SUNLIGHT AT ALL DURING THIS TIME. If you feel you have to do some exercise, you may go out for a walk in the early morning or late evening when the sun is barely out during UV level under 3. At VISTA clinic Australia, we sell specifically designed 50+ UVA and UVB sunscreen for postprocedure time.
- How not to rub peeled skin off? It’s so tempting
During your Dr Miller peel recovery think of your dark old skin (which is peeling off) as a bandage, which protects the fresh new skin underneath. The longer you can keep this natural bandage in place, the better results your peel will have.
- What the worst can happen during post TCA peel downtime?
You may have some swelling during the first 2-3 days of your peel, particularly if it is a deeper peel. In extreme cases, your eyes may swell almost closed during the first two mornings. This is a normal response and it will resolve on its own. However, sleeping with an extra pillow to elevate your head may help to decrease your swelling. DO NOT APPLY ICE PACKS OR COLD COMPRESSES TO YOUR FACE TO DECREASE THE SWELLING.
- How to sleep?
It is important that you try to sleep on your back so you don’t rub your peeling skin against the pillow. This could create an area of prematurely peeled skin.
- After the peel, sunscreen MUST be used to protect the skin from the rays of the sun. You need to use it even if you are wearing a hat, since the reflected rays may also cause damage. Please request sunscreen samples if they were not given to you before your peel.
- Make-up may be used 1-2 days after finishing the peel. We will recommend when you can wear it.
- If you have unexpected irritation or possible infection, call the office immediately! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT. This is especially important if you feel you may be developing a cold sore on your lip. The phone number is 0408875490 or online.
- If you are experiencing a lot of itching, be sure you use plenty of Hydrocortisone Ointment and contact your Dr Larissa Miller at the VISTA Clinic Australia.
You will continue to wash your face twice a day with soap and lukewarm water. Don’t try to wash off every bit of your Hydrocortisone Ointment.
You need to use your daily Sesha healing cream throughout the peel, in the morning and evening.
You must keep your face very moist with Hydrocortisone Ointment.
You MUST NOT pick or rub your skin.
Do not go out in the sun at all while peeling – EVEN FOR 5 MINUTES! Do not use the cleaning or moisturiser routines as excuses to speed up peeling of your skin, it will only increase your risk of complications.
Do not be alarmed if when you bend over you feel flushed or warm. This is a temporary condition, which resolves after the peel has healed completely.
If there are any problems or questions please contact the
surgery on 0408875490 or online.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.